Pre-k and Kindergarten
Applicants for pre-kindergarten must be four years old by September 1 of the year they will begin pre-kindergarten. Applicants for kindergarten must be five years by September 1 of the year they will begin kindergarten.
- Step 1: Campus Tour
- Step 2: Apply
- Step 3: Playdate
- Step 4: Individual Assessment
- Step 5: Complete the Admission Process
A tour is not required and can be done at any time, but it is often the first step in the admission process. If you have not already visited our campus, please contact us via email or phone (505-243-6659) to schedule a tour and see for yourself what Manzano Day School has to offer your family.
On selected Saturday mornings, a small group of applicants joins us for an informal classroom visit. These sessions allow our faculty to interact with the children and assess their developmental readiness for our school. Playdates are approximately one and a half hours and are scheduled after the application is submitted.
Please submit the following information in order to complete the admission process:
- Teacher Evaluation Form (for Pre-k, K, and 1st grade applicants) : If your child is currently enrolled in school or daycare, please ask his/her current teacher to complete this form.
- Authority to Release Records form : Deliver to your child’s current school to request school records. (Please click here for a printable version)
- Scanned copy of child’s birth certificate