Parents and caregivers who drive on campus and in neighborhoods near school play an important role in enhancing safety by following safe driving practices. At arrival and dismissal times, drivers are often in a hurry and distracted which can lead to unsafe conditions for students and others walking, bicycling and driving in the area.
Drivers should always:
- Slow down and obey all traffic laws and speed limits, both in school zones and in neighborhoods surrounding the school.
- Comply with school drop-off and pick-up procedures for the safety of all children accessing the school.
- Avoid double parking or stopping on crosswalks to let children out of the car. Double parking will block visibility for other children and other motorists.
- Watch for children walking or bicycling (both on the road and the sidewalk) in areas near school.
- Refrain from using your cellphone to make a call or text while driving onto or off campus.
Thank you for your help keeping our campus safe!